A Dartmoor Christmas Tree


On the path from Rippon Tor to Cold East Cross there's an outcropping of rocks where a single conifer tree has taken root.  Whether it's self-seeded or whether it's an old Christmas Tree which someone planted there, I have no idea (my guess would be the former, though it's a long way from any plantations).  Anyway, when Sarah and Frodo and I walked past on Tuesday, the last sunny day before the wetpocalypse, someone had decorated it for Christmas.  I'm not sure I approve - the wind had already scattered baubles across a wide area - but I suppose Dartmoor ponies have strong enough stomachs to cope with a bit of tinsel, and I had to admit the golden fruit did look pretty festive in the wintry sunshine...


Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 

- and, if you have been, thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment