Chagword and PhoniCon

I've been zooming all over the place doing school events recently, so it's nice to announce two upcoming appearances much closer to home, in Chagford and Exeter.


Chagford is a little Dartmoor town about twenty miles from Exeter, and close to some of my favourite bits of the moor.  It has long been infested with artists, writers and illustrators, and this year, for the first time, it will be hosting its own literary festival, Chagword. The line-up includes Richard Dimbleby, Kathy Lette, Chris Mullin, and A.L.Kennedy, and I'll be doing a lunch-time session at 1.45 pm next saturday (15th March), in which I'll be talking about Goblins, Dwarves, Mortal Engines and anything anyone cares to ask.  You can find details of my thing here, and here's a link to the main website.  This is Dartmoor's only literary festival, so it would be great to see it thrive and become a regular event.

I'll also be appearing on Sunday 7th April at PhoniCon, a Science Fiction and Fantasy festival at Exeter's Phoenix Arts Centre which will feature films, writers, artists, 'nerdy collectables' and live music in the evening. I'm not sure yet what time I'll be on - probably in the middle of the day - but it looks as if there will be plenty to see whatever time you turn up. Guests include Bristol-based writer Joanne Hall, former Dr Who companion Anneke Wills, and Nicholas Pegg, who, as if being a leading authority on David Bowie isn't cool enough, is also an actual DALEK.


More information here on the PhoniCon website!

0 comments:

Post a Comment