BristolCon 2013

BristolCon, the South West's premier science fiction & fantasy convention, will be taking place on the 26th October this year, and I've been invited to be one of the Guests of Honour. I'm not sure quite what my schedule will be yet, but I'll definitely be doing an event about my work, and probably sitting on some panel discussions too, and just hanging around meeting people. I have a busy autumn of events planned, but they're all about Oliver and the Seawigs, so this will be a chance to talk about my older books, my recent brush with the Whoniverse, and anything else you fancy, really.  I'll post details of my full schedule when I have them.


If you've never been, BristolCon is well worth a visit. It's grown from a small, afternoon event to a fully fledged one day convention, with 250 people attending in 2012, and presumably more expected this year. The programme is designed to allow people from south and central England and south Wales to attend without having to stay overnight, although 'more bar-centered activities' carry on late into the evening for locals and those of us who will be stopping over. (And if you do plan to stop over, there's plenty more to do and see in Bristol, one of my favourite cities.)

I've been to two BristolCons now and thoroughly enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and the chance to meet all sorts of interesting and talented people. The other Guests of Honour this year are author Storm Constantine and comics artist Mark Buckingham, but there will be loads of other writers and artists there too: here's a list of those who have already booked. There will be events and discussions throughout the day, and also an art show and a dealers' room.

Sadly, it looks as if the Gromits which are currently decorating Bristol will be all gone by October...

                                                                 Photo: BristolCon

Membership is £20 if you sign up before October 25th, or £25 on the door. All the details are on the BristolCon website, and you can also get updates via Facebook  and Twitter. Hope to see you there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment