Mediocrity Is The New Genius


Jeffrey Lamar got in touch recently to tell me about a new blog he's co-authoring called Mediocrity Is The New Genius, devoted to music, film, comics and 'fandom forever' and has some nice articles and reviews, often about things which I haven't stumbled across elsewhere (I like the look of this comic, Rust, for instance).  MITNG have recently started a series where they ask artists for a playlist of the sort of music they listen to when they're working, and as a long term Mortal Engines fan (you can hear him reading some of it here) Jeffrey asked me for my playlist, so I fired up my my state-of-the-art sound system and started choosing some tracks...


I don't know much about music, and I don't usually listen to anything at all when I'm working (in fact I often wear earplugs), but I put together a list of music which has caught my ear over the years, and Jeffrey has kindly hunted up some YouTube clips to create this playlist.  Some of the pieces are just there because I like them, others have influenced my writing in some sort of sideways manner, or at least capture an atmosphere I strive for.  Anyway, click this link to have a listen... 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to seem a duffer; what do we press or click on to get the music please? Ta. JH

Philip Reeve said...

Sorry if it's not clear. If you click on the final link ('have a listen') it should take you to the MITNG post, and then you can play whichever of the YouTube links take your fancy...

Anonymous said...

Sorry my comment does not lend itself to your blog, but I just finished The Hunger City Chronicals in eight straight days (with Olymic interventions) and wept for Tom and Hester in the end. I was moved by your incredible stories. Crazy, but at 44 years of age I felt connected. Thank you.

Post a Comment