Some Intricate Mortal Engines Art




I'm slowly working my way through a bit of a backlog of artwork which readers have sent me - if you're waiting for yours to be posted here, I'm sorry it's taking so long.  Anyway, here's the latest, an incredibly detailed Predator Cities drawing by James Cassir. It proved quite difficult to reproduce, so I've added a detail below to show just how detailed.  James tells me that the original measures about 5 x 4 inches, and took about nine hours to draw, using a 0.2mm Pentel lead pencil and a normal Helix ruler. He says, "It’s not supposed to be a depiction of a particular city, although the cathedral on the top is a reminder of St. Paul’s. I drew it last December simply because I liked the idea of Municipal Darwinism...   it isn’t for any “project” or exam-related coursework. "

It is, however, amazing; I wish I had James's patience...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smashing job. JH

Margaret C said...

This is truly lovely - doing prints, Mr Cassir??

Anonymous said...

WOW! It's amazing!

Anonymous said...

How the hell did he do that?!

Anonymous said...

WOW it is so detailed

Post a Comment