Countdown to BristolCon



This coming Saturday is BristolCon, where I'll be doing Guest-of-Honouring duties alongside Storm Constantine and Mark Buckingham.  If you're within reach of Bristol and like SF, fantasy and/or meeting lovely and interesting people, I'd highly recommend it.

There will be two packed programmes of panels and readings running throughout the day. My bits will include:

11. - 11.45  Kaffeklatsch - which is foreign for a cup of coffee and a natter (cake, too, if I can organise it). It's too late to book a space, apparently, but there are four available on the day, first come, first served.

16.00 - 16.45 I'll be interviewed by/in conversation with the brilliant Emma Newman (right) who is the author of the Split Worlds series among many other things. (I'm reading the first, Between Two Thorns at the moment, and it's excellent.)

16.50 - 16.55 Reading - I guess this crowd will be a bit too old for Oliver and the Seawigs, so I'll probably read from my story We Know Where We're Goin', which appears in the new Solaris Books anthology The End of the Road. (Editor Jonathan Oliver commissioned it at last year's BristolCon).








18.00 - 18.45 Panel event: Beyond Arthur: We continue to mine the Arthurian legends for fantasy novels, film and TV, but there’s a wealth of more obscure myth and legend anchored in the landscapes and collective memories of Britain, including the South West. Our panel discusses some of the potential inspirations that lurk beyond the beaten paths, in the forests and lakes beyond Avalon.
With Gaie Sebold (moderating), Roz Clarke, Catherine Butler, me, Scott Lewis

The rest of the time I'll be hanging around the convention, and watching a lot of the other sessions. The programme is packed with good stuff and great speakers, and you can peruse it here. You can also BristolCon on Twitter and Facebook

BristolCon is on Saturday, 26th October at the Doubletree (formerly Ramada) Hotel in Bristol. Membership is £20 if you book in advance, or £25 on the day.


0 comments:

Post a Comment