The YA Book Prize



The shortlist was announced today for The Bookseller's new YA Book Prize, a new award for young adult fiction from Britain and Ireland. The winner will will be announced in a ceremony at Foyles bookshop in Charing Cross Road, London, on the 19th March 2015.

There are ten books on the list, all of which I'm going to be reading in the coming weeks, since I've been asked to be one of the judges. I think it's going to be quite a tough job choosing the winner - there are some fantastic authors here, and I've heard good things about so many of these books!


Full details of the shortlist, and of how you can get involved, are to be found on the YA Book Prize website.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun judging, and I hope to see Railhead on that list this time next year!

Philip Reeve said...

Wouldn't that be nice? Though Railhead is VERY sci-fi, which doesn't always appeal to awards panels.

Post a Comment